Demand for immunity-boosting products is high among consumers across the developed – and, increasingly, in the developing – world. In its 10-episode webinar series, William Reed Publishers’ global digital publication NutraIngredients aggregates leading experts in this rapidly expanding agrifood sector to assess the existing scientific evidence, scope for new product development, opportunities for clinical research, and marketing and regulatory challenges across various regions.
According to Nutralngredients’ Gary Scattergood, “Immunity has been the hottest topic for supplement firms and suppliers in APAC this year, with heightened interest from consumers leading to sales of finished products soaring.
“Our immunity series will assess the opportunities for future studies and new product development across Asia-Pacific, spanning the microbiome, botanicals, active nutrition and clinical research, in order to meet this demand in an effective and responsible manner.”
The global series ran from 4 to 25 May, with specific broadcasts for the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region, North America and the Europe, ahd the Middle East and Africa (EMEA). All are now available on demand to those who register (even after the fact).
There are three APAC broadcasts:
Immunity and Clinical Trials / Emerging Research
Streamed live on 04 May 2021, available on demand.
- Dr. Amanda Rao, Founder and Principal Investigator, RDC Clinical;
- Dr. Daisuke Fujiwara, Deputy General Manager, Health Science Department, Kirin;
- Ankur Bhamu, Head of Sales and Business Development, TATA NQ;
- Dr. Samuel JK Abraham, Head of R&D, GN Corporation (Japan); and
- Dato’ Dr. Rajen Manicka, CEO, Holista Colltech.
Immunity and Botanicals
Streamed live on 11 May 2021, available on demand.
- Sarah Culverhouse, Head of Education, McPherson’s Health;
- Nalin Sood, CEO and Co-Founder, Teamonk Global;
- Dr. George Thouas, Head of Research & Development, Max Biocare; and
- Dr. Ram Vishwakarma, Scientific Advisor, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), India.
Immunity and the Microbiome
Streamed live on 18 May 2021, available on demand.
- Prof. Siew C. Ng, Associate Director, Center for Gut Microbiota Research, Department of Medicine & Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong;
- Chyn Boon Wong, Research Associate, Morinaga Milk Industry;
- Evan Hayes, Managing Director Asia-Pacific, Factors Group;
- Ewa Hudson, Head of Market Insights, Lumina Intelligence; and
- Rebecca Edwards, Director of Education, Activated Probiotics.
Registration and further information
If you sign up for the series, you’ll be able to access recordings of all seminars in the series.