This year’s Asia-Pacific Agri-Food Innovation Summit will explore the increasingly important role technology plays in building efficient, resilient sustainable agrifood supply chains capable of delivering fresh food to today’s fast-changing consumer market.
The Summit, now in its fourth year, will bring together leading agribusinesses, growers, CPG and ingredient brands, entrepreneurs, investors, retailers and policymakers from across the region and the world to share ideas and collaborate in solutions that increase the security and sustainability of agrifood systems across the APAC region.
‘From empowering smallholder farmers and building more connected, resilient supply chains to indoor farming models, holistic nutrition and health strategies, the summit will identify the most important opportunities and challenges as the region recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic,’ state the organisers.
By fostering the exchange of knowledge, best practice from around the globe and new partnerships, the Summit offers ‘an invaluable platform for developing a strategic, unified approach to scaling technologies and accelerating progress towards a greener and more secure food system’.
Organised as a hybrid event, the Summit will have in-person elements in Singapore as well as a substantial online component, tailored to an international audience and delivered via a smart virtual platform providing access to livestreamed debates and panel discussions, online roundtables and fireside chats as well as opportunities for one-on-one networking. All content will be available to registered delegates on demand for a month after the summit.
Agenda highlights and key themes
- Developing an integrated approach to agri-food sustainability in the Asia-Pacific region
- Sustainable agriculture and rural livelihoods: boosting adoption of digital solutions to improve farm productivity
- Regenerative and carbon-neutral farming: the role of smallholder farmers in tackling food security and climate change
- The vertical farm of tomorrow: achieving secure, sustainable, affordable access to fresh produce
- A holistic approach to nutrition: supporting health and wellbeing through ingredient innovation
- The future of plant-based, fermented and cultivated proteins: scaling production and navigating the regulatory landscape
- Catering to Asian consumer preferences: exploring application, flavour and texture trends in alternative proteins
- Accelerating innovation in aquaculture: sharing risk and improving access to finance
- Plastics, waste and circularity: material innovation and building a circular economy
- Fast-tracking pandemic recovery: designing new investment and finance models
- Ecosystem collaboration and partnerships: connecting the dots to crisis-proof Asia’s food system.
View the full Summit agenda,
Check out the 2021 Summit partners.
Innovation Challenge 2021
Find out more about the Innovation Challenge.
2020 Summit highlights
Last year’s event brought more than 750 senior-level agrifood-sector delegates together to discuss accelerating innovation, resilience, efficiency and sustainability in supply chains, urban food systems, alternative proteins and affordable nutrition.
View highlights of the 2020 Summit below.
More information and registration
The 2021 APAC Agri-Food Innovation Summit is hosted by ReThink in partnership with Temasek. The hybrid event is scheduled to take place in person and online, with sessions livestreamed via Zoom to registered virtual delegates across the region.
Sessions run daily from Tuesday 16 to Thursday 18 November between 9am and 5pm Singapore time (SGT), which is three hours behind AEDT.
For further details, visit the Summit website.