‘Working in an industry that feeds the world, employs the majority of the workforce in many nations and contributes to 14.5 per cent of greenhouse gas emissions behind transport, it’s clear agrifood investing has the potential to play a big role in improving the sustainability of our planet, and technology is a key part of making that happen.’
So states AgFunder News, describing the impetus for the latest in its series of free What the Fork? digitalks.
In this fascinating hour-long talk, discussion centres on:
- the potential for agrifood-tech companies to attain ESG (environmental, social and governance) goals in the current global climate;
- likely impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on businesses in this sector seeking sustainability, and
- likely effects of the pandemic on ‘impact investing’ in the agrifood-tech space.
Join AgFunder founding partner Michael Dean, lead of the company’s impact investment initiative and his two guests:
- Beverly Postma, soon-to-be CEO of The Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil and founder of advocacy group Food Industry Asia; and
- Bradley Busetto, Director of the United Nations Development Program (UNDP) Global Centre on Technology, Innovation and Sustainable Development.
Listen to this digitalk
To access the recording of this and other What the Fork? digitalk sessions, click here.
To learn more about AgFunder’s What the Fork? series, click here.