Anecdotal evidence abounds for cannabidiol (CBD) and hemp supplements, but what does the actual scientific literature say? This free webinar explores the science of hemp-derived cannabinoids and terpenes. If you’re not prepared to wake before dawn (or stay up very late) for the live webinar, a recorded version will be available after the fact.
Everyone’s talking about CBD and hemp: in this hour-long seminar, organised by William Reed publishers for exclusive sponsor US-based KGK Science, a panel of experts in the field will discuss the science behind the hype, looking at the endocannabinoid system, hemp-derived cannabinoids (including CBD) and terpenes.
Along with registered attendees’ questions, the panel will attempt to answer the questions:
- What potential benefits are biologically plausible, why and how?
- What kind of doses are needed to elicit a health benefit?
- What peer-reviewed data does and doesn’t support with regard to hemp-derived cannabinoids including CBD, and terpenes?
- What does the data really say about potential adverse events?
The webinar discussion panel includes:
- Dr Andrea Holmes, Director of Cannabis Studies and Professor of Chemistry at Doane University, Nebraska, co-founder and Chief Growth Officer of Precision Plant Molecules, a hemp extraction company focused on THC-free and minor cannabinoids;
- Douglas MacKay, Senior Vice President of Scientific and Regulatory Affairs at CV Sciences, makers of PlusCBD™ Oil and market leaders in consumer products containing hemp extracts with cannabidiol (CBD), responsible for product quality, safety and innovation, formerly with the Council for Responsible Nutrition (CRN);
- Dr Igor Koturbash, founder and co-director of the Center for Dietary Supplements Research, an Associate Professor and Interim Chair of the Department of Environmental and Occupational Health at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS).
- Stephen Daniells, PhD, Editor in Chief of the Americas for William Reed Business Media and chair of William Reed’s Probiota Americas and Food Vision USA events. Dr Daniells has a PhD in chemistry from the Queen’s University Belfast and held post-doctoral research positions in the Netherlands and France before moving into journalism in 2005.
Listen to the webinar
Click here to access the webinar.