Stakeholders from all along the cold supply chain can help reduce food loss and waste on the route from farm-gate to market.
And by participating in this free, industry-led webinar series, contends Australian Food Cold Chain Council Chair Mark Mitchell, “you can be an important part of the solution – through innovation, compliance, waste reduction and safety within your business”.
Prof Pierre Pienaar, Education Director for the Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP), concurs. “We need to contemplate how to reduce food wastage and loss through the packaging industry,” he asserts.
In this series, “we consider all elements – design; material[s]; innovative products, technological advancements; [and] responsible, sustainable, reusable, environmentally-friendly packaging”, Prof. Pienaar says.
“We can explore the opportunities for the packaging industry in the value chain that could get more food to more people around the globe.”
What you’ll learn
Organised by the Australian Government Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER). this industry-led initiative is a great opportunity to:
- get free advice on improving the efficiency of your agribusiness’s cold chain;
- hear about the latest trends in cold-chain logistics, infrastructure and more; and
- get the latest information, learn about the latest innovations and stay ahead of the curve with regard to packaging for refrigerated and perishable food products.
‘Learn from those who have done it and leave with a path to success,’ say the organisers, whether you show up for all three webinars or just the ones that most interest you.
Webinar 1: Optimise your cold chain
Wednesday 3 March 2021, 1-2pm
Speakers: Mark Mitchell, Chairman, and Dr Greg Picker, Executive Director of the Australian Food Cold Chain Council (AFCCC).
Webinar 2: Food packaging for cold chain
Thursday 11 March 2021, 1-2pm
Speakers: Professor Pierre Pienaar, Education Director, Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP) & George Ganzenmuller, AIP Education Team.
Webinar 3: Cold Chain Packaging Technology Showcase
Wednesday 17 March 2021, 1-2pm
Speakers: Professor Pierre Pienaar, Education Director, AIP, and Nerida Kelton, Executive Director, AIP.
The webinar series is supported by a flotilla of influential government, industry and research bodies including:
- the Commonwealth Growth Centre for Food and Agribusiness (aka Food Innovation Australia Ltd, or FIAL);
- the Australian Food & Grocery Council (AFGC);
- the Australian Food Cold Chain Council (AFCCC);
- the Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP);
- the Australasian Supply Chain Institute (ASCI);
- GS1 Australia;
- the Business Cooperative Research Centres Program;
- Stop Food Waste Australia;
- the Fight Food Waste CRC; and
- the Future Food Systems CRC.
For each webinar attended, participants receive two CPD points from the Australian Institute of Packaging towards the CPP 1 continued professional development point from the Australasian Supply Chain Institute.
This free webinar series is hosted by the Australian Government Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER) Entrepreneurs’ Programme and Ai Group.
AusIndustry’s Entrepreneurs’ Programme provides quality advice and support to businesses keen to innovate and grow. For further information on what services may be available to you, visit the Entrepreneurs’ Programme web portal.
For more information on the webinars, contact Brett Henderson at email@example.com
Each of the three, interactive webinars will be livestreamed on the Zoom platform. Each webinar must be registered for separately.
All tickets are free and are available via Eventbrite. To register, click here.