Hosted by the Australian Government Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources, this three-hour, in-person seminar will explore what is meant by low-carbon waste and materials, and how utilising these can help businesses transition to operating on circular-economy principles.
The free, interactive event is part of the government’s ‘Business Decarbonisation Pathways – Working toward Net Zero SMART Supply Chain’ project, delivered by the Entrepreneurs’ Programme (EP).
9:30am Welcome and net-zero recap
The speaker is the EP’s Kate Brooks.
9:15am Panel discussion 1 – Low-carbon waste and materials
- Hayley Rolfe, Managing Director and Specialist in Commercial and Hazardous Waste Managing Director for Ardea Waste;
- Madlen Jannaschk, Senior Sustainability Consultant at Cundall Australia;
- Maryline Cassou, Director at KITO Plastics Pty Ltd, and Impact Manager and Sustainability at Metis Design & Engineering (DE) and industry sustainability hub The Hub on SX.
The panel discussion will be followed by a Q&A session.
10:30am: Coffee break and networking
10:50am: Case study guest (TBC)
11am: Panel discussion 2 – Circular economy
- Fabiana Tessele, Circular Economy, Water & Resource Recovery for Tessele Consultants;
- Huia Adkins, Chief Circularity Strategist for Ringvall Circularity Consulting; and
- Andrew Outhwaite, Managing Director of For Blue Pty Ltd, the centre for blue economy innovation in WA.
The panel discussion will be followed by Q&A until 12:30pm.
Where and when
The event is scheduled for Thu 21 October 2021, 9:30am-12:30pm AWST. Add to calendar
The venue is the Liberty Conferencing Centre, 197 St Georges Terrace, Perth, WA 6000. View map
Further information and registration
For more information about this event, contact Kate Brooks at Kate.Brooks@ep.industry.gov.au
To register for the event, click here.