‘It’s no secret that the acceleration process of Industry 4.0 has been rather slow to date but post-pandemic, the adoption rate is set to skyrocket,’ states an article published in Food&Beverage magazine on 20 April 2020, in which manufacturing industry experts say preparing to do business post-COVID-19 means transitioning to a more flexible, more localised and less ‘human-dependent’ way of working.
To give your food manufacturing business the edge once social isolation ends, they recommend taking steps to:
- make your business more agile and adaptable;
- automate its processes, and
- shorten and streamline your supply chains;
- implement an Industry 4.0 plan, now; and
- lobby your state and federal governments regarding support for a robust local food manufacturing industry.
Source: What COVID-19 has taught us so far I Food&Beverage magazine